Tuesday 8 December 2015

Jiah Khan death case: Could this be a reason behind the Nishabd actor's supposed suicide?

Jiah Khan death case: Could this be a reason behind the Nishabd actor's supposed suicide?

Jiah Khan, who allegedly committed suicide in June 2013, wasn't able to cope with the 'disappointments and frustrations that the film industry is replete with'. 

Jiah Khan was found dead at her Juhu residence in June 2013

Jiah Khan, who allegedly committed suicide in June 2013, was unable to cope with the 'disappointments and frustrations that the film industry is replete with', says filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma. The director had introduced the Hindi film industry to Jiah Khan when he cast her in the Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Nishabd. The film went on to become one of the most-talked-about films of both Ram Gopal Varma and Amitabh Bachchan's career.
In his recently-released book Guns And Thighs, Varma has revealed how Jiah was among those people who found it diffcult to deal with the frustrations that were a daily affair in an actor's life. "When I heard of her suicide, I cried uncontrollably though I was never really close to her. She was one of the few people who couldn't cope with the disappointments and frustrations the film industry is replete with," wrote Varma.
The Satya director also wrote that when he first met Jiah, he thought she was 'the most innocently sexy girl'. During the filming of Nishabd, Varma went on, everyone was convinced Jiah would be a huge star - something that never quite happened. After Nishabd, Jiah's career saw her in the Aamir Khan-starrer Ghajini in 2009. Following Ghajini, there was nothing quite mentionable about Jiah's career.
Khan was found hanging in her Juhu apartment in June 2013. In the days after her death, Jiah's mother Rabia had accused her ex-boyfriend Sooraj Pancholi of having had a hand in her death. The 25-year-old Pancholi was in a relationship with Jiah Khan. In August this year, Sooraj had been quoted as saying, "My name will always be associated with her and I have no guilt for that. I am happy that something at least stays with me. I am sad that she ended her life. But at least her name is with me and I have no problems with it."
In September 2015, in an interview to India Today, the Hero actor had said, "I don't think I have changed as a person, I am the same Sooraj I was three years ago. And what happened in my life remains deep inside my heart, that I'll never let go out. It's still with the court and I'm waiting for the court to decide what to do."
Jiah Khan's death had come as a shock to the entire Hindi film industry. The actor was 26 when she died. The exact reason behind her death - which has been termed 'suicide' by many - is yet to be zeroed in on, more than two years after the incident. However, could Varma's point of view that Jiah wasn't able to cope with the 'disappointments and frustrations that the film industry is replete with' have been a reason behind her death? Guess only time will be able to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment